The new facility is located on the existing Waikeria Prison site in the Waikato region of New Zealand’s North Island and is due for completion in 2022.
The project comprises a new purpose-built prison facility, delivering accommodation for 500 prisoners with an integrated secure mental health treatment precinct providing world-class care for an additional 100 prisoners.
VAE’s scope of work includes:
- Central Chiller Plant – consisting of four air-cooled chillers, chilled water pumps and pipework
- Central Hot Water Generation Plant – consisting of four high efficiency boilers, ventilation, and pipework
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems – for all (29) buildings
- Mechanical Electrical Work – Mechanical Services Switch Board (MSSB) and all cabling, Interfacing Fire System and Building Management System (BMS)
- Testing and Commissioning