- Audit – our engineers audited the site and prepared a dilapidation/energy metering and energy use report which highlighted the areas of improvement.
- Model – the team outlined the energy savings capital upgrades that were possible and provided budgets for these savings. The modelling included the expected energy reduction along with the corresponding savings.
- Implement – the works that were identified in stage two were then completed and a Tridium Building Management System (BMS) was installed.
- Monitor – Our VAE Bureau monitored the building and fine≠tuned the operations that maximised the internal rates of return.
- Recommend – We then provided additional recommendations to further reduce energy through improvement projects.
After completing stage three “implement', we discovered that the building had only improved to a 4 star NABERS rating. Our VAE Bureau team stepped in to optimise and manage the building remotely from our Brisbane head office. Through data driven maintenance and building analytics, we not only achieved a 5 star rating but also reduced operating costs for the client by over $250,000 per year. Accordingly, the capital value of the building was increased significantly more than the capital costs of the works.