In 2016, VAE successfully completed Stage 1 Mechanical Services, which encompassed approximately 12,000 NLA (Net Lettable Area) of administration and laboratory space, including PC3 laboratories.
Stage 2 involves the addition of approximately 6,000m2 of expansion space, spanning three lower levels, a ground level, and three upper levels with a rooftop plantroom. The upper levels will be utilised for general work areas and laboratory space.
The SNP Stage 1 facility is to be kept fully operational during the construction of Stage 2.
The second stage mechanical services include.
• Four new air-cooled York Chillers to match the existing chillers in stage 1
• 26 new Air Handling Units.
• 16 new single zone ducted units.
• 16 under ceiling chilled water units.
• Installation of new Fume cupboards and exhaust systems
• Installation of two new Nederman arm exhaust systems
• Separate condenser water system serving the pharmaceutical cold rooms
• Expansion of the Stage 1 Building Management System to cater for Stage 2
• Modification to existing Mechanical Switchboards as well as new switchboards serving stage 2
• Complete surveys of supply air quantities, exhaust air quantities and chilled water flows where modification to services is to occur
• Demolition of some existing ductwork to be modified to incorporate Stage 2
• Provision of benchtop exhaust systems dropping from the ceilings to benchtops with intake grilles mounted behind workstations
• Provide outside air and exhaust ventilation systems for the flammable goods stores including hazardous areas with explosion proof (Ex rated) fans
• Equipment exhaust systems including fans, ductwork, and discharge flues
• Integration of systems to Stage 1
• Full 3D Building Information Modelling (BIM) to LOD500 including clash detection and lead service coordination
Below is a short video of the recent Chiller lift the VAE team undertook on the SNP Stage 2 project. The Chillers were lifted to the top floor to be installed in the rooftop plantroom.